The Charitra of Goddess Shri Mahalasa
The Charitra of Goddess Shri Mahalasa Narayani is considered as the Bhagwad Gita for Kulavis and other followers of Shri Mahalasa Narayani.
A Parayan or proper reading of the book not only gives one peace of mind, but it is also said to have brought out many devotees from their state of distress. Many have said that this book changed their lives for the better.
The Charitra in available in Kannada, Marathi and English editions. The Kannada and Marathi editions come with a book of Stotras and Aaratis at no additional cost.
To get the Charitra , one can contact any temple devoted to Shri Mahalasa Narayani.
Guidelines for reading of the Charitra
- Read this book with purity of thought.
- Anyone can read the Charitra .
- A word from a Guru would have far-reaching effects.
- There is no hard and fast rule that the Parayan should begin on any particular day. However, it is best if it is read daily. If that is not possible, it can be read on Sundays, the day that is dear to Shri Mahalasa Narayani.
- The Charitra can also be read on Tuesdays, Fridays, Asthami, Ekadashi, Dwadashi and on all days of Navaratri, besides days of religious importance.
- This book should be read with a commitment, pure mind, and utter devotion.
- One should have satvik (pure) thoughts and satvik (no onion, no garlic, vegetarian) food.
The benefits of reading the Charitra will be manifold and immediate if read with faith, utter devotion, happiness and concentration.
- This should be read before any auspicious function at home.
- At least one chapter should be completed in one sitting.
- One should take a bath and wear clean clothes.
- The place where you are sitting while reading should be clean.
- Before the Parayan, achaman should be done and respects offered to Guru, God and ancestors. Then, one should utter Kala, Samvatsara, Rithu, Maasa, Paksha, Tithi, Wara and Nakshatra.
- The Goddess’s illuminating Charitra should be kept on a chaurangi or manai (wooden reading stand) and must be worshipped.
- It should be read either facing east or north.
- The reading should be commenced with Shri Mahalasa Narayani’s Kavacaham and Asshottara Shatnamamantra (given in the Charitra itself.)
- Tribhuvaneshwari Devi’s blessed book should be kept at home and worshipped with gandha (sandalwood paste) and flowers. It should be kept perferably in a silk cloth.
- After the Parayan, the Charitra’s pooja should be performed and mangalaarati shown to it.
- Kannada: Rs 140
- Marathi: Rs 100
- English: Rs 80
Order a Charitra :
On whatsapp: 8970414801
Alternatively, kindly send email at email@example.com for future correspondence.
Banking Details :
Canara Bank, A/c. Perdoor : 01302200083045 IFSC: SYNB0000130
Union Bank, A/c. Manipal: 520101232336071 IFSC: CORP0000128
Kindly intimate us after remittance.
Alternatively, please send a Money Order for the amount to:
Shri Mahalasa Narayani Devi Kshetra,
41, Shiroor, Harikhandige 576 124.
Udupi District, Karnataka State. INDIA
His Holiness Guruji Shri Suresh J Pai, the Dharmadarshi of Shri Mahalasa Narayani Devi Kshetra, Harikhandige, is the author of The Charitra of Shri Mahalasa Narayani.
Prof. Pai was a commerce lecturer at a Panaji college and was deeply involved in spiritual activities from a very young age. Guruji’s aim is the enlightenment of our society through spiritual awakening.
Mother Mahalasa is said to have personally inspired Guruji to pen this path-illuminating magnum opus.